YOU WILL NEED
These materials are necessary:
– – any smooth yarn which is not very stretchy. I used Vita Brilliant (45%
wool, 55 % acrylic; 380 m/100 g)
– Cotton Embroidery floss or Iris yarn or any other cotton yarn to make
eyes. I used Vita Pelican yarn (100% mercerized cotton, 330 m/50 g). You will
just need leftovers of this yarn. But you can make these parts with polymer clay.
– 1.5 mm cooper wire – approx. 5 m.
– Stuffing polyester.
– White fabric plaster or insulation tape.
– Toy eyes or beads or semi beads to make eyes. You will need 2 items.
The size of the eyes is 10 mm (depends on the size of your toy).
– Sewing thread to attach the eyes.
– Transparent glue (if you want to glue the eyes on instead of sewing
Dry pastel paints of the following colors: Dark-brown to tint around the
eyes; coral or light pink to tint the cheeks; white to make the turtle look older.
– Black ballpoint pen to tint the eyes.
Any cotton yarn to make the hat. It is necessary that this yarn should be
rather thick to make the hat keep the form. I used Vita Rose (100% mercerized cotton, 150 m., 50 g.) of
wine red color.
– 1.5 mm crochet hook (the size of the hook depends on the yarn you use). 1 mm crochet hook
to make the eyes + 1.75 mm crochet hook to make the hat.
– Wire cutter.
– Hard synthetic paint brush to tint the toy.
***Click PDF Download Button***