You are invited to crochet with me a cute cuddly bear that every child will be thrilled
to get. The bear will be crocheted using DOLPHIN yarn except its feet, that will be
crocheted using SUGAR N’ CREAM yarn. The bear’s nose & mouth will be
embroidered with SUGAR N’ CREAM yarn too.
• 2 skeins of DOLPHIN (HIMALAYA) yarn in one color for the bear body.
1 skein in a different color for his trousers.
The photos in this pattern include 3 bears – in Mustard (80330), Beige (80317)
and Orange (80316). The trousers were crocheted in Brown (80317) and Beige
• Approx. 35 m’ of SUGAR N’ CREAM yarn for the feet, nose and mouth.
The photos in this pattern include Warm Brown, Blue Jeans and Ecru colors.
• A 4 mm crochet hook.
• Sewing threads in the colors of the DOLPHIN yarn we use.
• Needles for both DOLPHIN and SUGAR N’ CREAM yarns, to weave in all leftover
• Acrilan for stuffing.
• A 15 mm diameter pair of safety eyes.
• 2 buttons.
• Markers – it is recommended to use yarn such as SURAR N’ CREAM, in a different
color which we will use to crochet the bear’s feet.
Bear height – approx. 38 cm, including its ears.
Tension / Gauge
Abbreviations and Technique
Magic ring, chain (ch), single crochet (sc), slip stitch (sl st), stitch(s) st(s), chain
space (ch sp), single crochet 2 together (sc2tog), place a marker (pm), round
(rnd), rounds (rnds), front loop (fl), skip (sk), Wrong Side (WS), Right Side (RS),
crocheting in continuous rounds using a spiral method, crocheting in rows.
sc2tog – insert the crochet hook under the next fl, and then under the following fl
(3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull the yarn through 2 loops (2 loops on hook),
yarn over and pull the yarn through both loops – sc2tog has been made.
Creating the last loop using a needle – cut the yarn, leaving an extra 20 cm tail,
pull the yarn from the st, insert it to a needle, insert the needle to the 2nd st of the
crocheted rnd (unless different instructions will be given) and then, to the place
where the st started its way. A video tutorial is available here and a photo tutorial is
available on pages 11-12.
Closing the hole of round parts – after we finish crocheting round parts and
creating the last loop using a needle, a small hole in them will still remain.
In order to shrink and close this hole, we will insert the yarn using a needle under
each st of the last rnd, and pull the yarn.
***Click Download Button***
• The instructions are written in US crochet terms.
• The bear will be crocheted in 7 parts – 1. Head 2. Nose & mouth 3. Ears 4. Legs
and body, which will be crocheted as one piece 5. Hands 6. Tail 7. Trousers.
• All parts will be stuffed as we proceed crocheting them, except the ears, which
will not be stuffed at all.
• Round parts are based on a magic ring – a video tutorial for creating the magic
ring is available here.
• While crocheting using the spiral method, we should pm in the beginning of each
rnd. Do not take off the markers until you finish joining all the bear’s parts.
The marker will be our anchor and assist us to join the bear’s parts together,
locate its eyes and embroider its nose.
• When there will be need for additional markers while crocheting, instructions will
appear in red.
• We will repeat instructions in square brackets the number of times written right
after the brackets.
• At each rnd end, the total number of sts will be mentioned in brackets.
• Joining parts – we will sew the parts together using DOLPHIN yarn or a double
sewing thread. Specific instructions will be given in each stage.