Materials and tools
- Any suitable yarn in two colors: white and brown + a few colorful strands
for the mane (pink, mint, lilac). I used Iris Gamma crochet thread [10 g /
82m – 95 yds / 0.35 oz].
- A piece of black sewing thread for the eyebrows.
- Stuffing (polyester fiberfil).
- Crochet hook 0.75 mm [US14 steel hook].
- Toy eyes 4.5 mm diameter [0.18 in]. I used safety eyes, but cut off the
shank with cutters (diagonal pliers).
- Glue, if eyes are not sew-on or safety ones.
- Sewing needle, scissors, cutters (diagonal pliers).
- Round-nose pliers (for pulling out needles).
- Removable marker or paper clip for the beginning of the round, since toy is
worked in spiral rounds, without joining rounds
***Click Download Button***
- sc – single crochet (US) = double crochet (UK)
- inc – increase (2 sc worked into the same stitch = with a shared base and
- dec – decrease (next 2 sc crocheted off together = with separate bases and
a shared top)
- AMR – adjustable magic ring
- ch – chain
- sl-st – slip stitch
Numbers in parenthesis (xx) at the end of a row/round show the stitch count after
completion of this row/round. If no number is given, the stitch count stays the
same as in the previous row/round.